Photographers of all ages and experience levels are invited to enter their original work in Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast’s second annual Summer Photo Contest. If you love nature and the outdoors and enjoy taking photos, this is the contest for you!
Works falling into the categories below and showcasing the beauty of Florida’s natural lands will be selected for exhibition by jury. Jurors include presenting sponsor, Elizabeth Moore; noted photographer, Mary Lundeberg; noted photographer, Grant Jeffries; and fine art painter, Mary Louise O'Connell.
Up to three photographs may be submitted per person and must be received no later than midnight on May 31. Following the submission deadline, jurors will meet to review all submissions and select 10 per category for display in online galleries on the Conservation Foundation website as well as the Conservation Foundation Facebook page.
Jurors will evaluate each submission on composition, color, contrast, and overall quality when making their selections. In addition to technical components, they will also consider subject interest, point of view, and whether the image tells a story.
The virtual competition will award prizes to category winners as selected by the jury as well as People’s Choice awards as determine by popular vote on Facebook.
The online exhibit will be available for viewing and voting on June 21.
Photo: Did That Really Happen?! by Gunilla Imshaug; 2020 winner Best in Show
1) The Big Picture
• This category is for landscapes and waterscapes showcasing nature in all her glory.
2) A Way of Life
• Whether it’s ranching, farming, or fishing, this category highlights the unique vantage point of those who live off the land.
3) Wild and Wondrous
• This category is dedicated to the great variety of plants and animals who call nature home.
4) Attention to Detail
• Close-ups, patterns, bugs, butterflies, and bees – this category is for celebrating all of nature’s smallest details.
5) Youth Perspective
• This category is for photographers age 15 and under. Submissions must still fall into one of the categories above.
• Best in Show (jury selected): $100 gift certificate and 2 tickets to Conservation Foundation’s Annual Conservation Reception with special recognition at the event
• Overall winner in each category (jury selected): Conservation Foundation Prize Pack
• People’s Choice (popular vote): $100 gift certificate and 2 tickets to Conservation Foundation’s Annual Conservation Reception with special recognition at the event
• Honorable Mention in each category (popular vote): Conservation Foundation Prize Pack
CONTEST RULES AND CONDITIONS
• Anyone can enter contest with the exception of jury members.
• Entrants can submit up to three photos.
• Entries must be submitted with an official entry form and publicity release.
• There is no cost to enter.
• All submissions must be received via email no later than midnight on May 31, 2021.
• Images must be sent as a JPG and cannot exceed 5MB in size.
• Image files should be named as follows: TitleOfImage.PhotographerLastName
• Photographs must fall into one of the official contest categories.
• Photographs must be taken within the past year in Florida (location identified on submission form).
• Photograph must be original work owned by the registrant.
• Basic editing is permitted, however no special effects or heavy edits may be applied to
• Text, logos, and/or names cannot be included on photo.
• All photographs are subject to acceptance for exhibition – entering contest does not guarantee your work will be selected.
Any photo not meeting the above rules and guidelines will not be considered for selection.