Bay Preserve at Osprey
Come Experience “Old Florida” at its Best.
Bay Preserve at Osprey is a 4.3 acre nature preserve on Little Sarasota Bay protected by Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast. The Preserve is available for weddings, private parties and special events. For information, contact Gilly Francis at 941.468.0611.
• Enjoy spectacular views of Little Sarasota Bay
• Observe wildlife atop the Honoré T. Wamsler Wildlife Observation Platform
• Walk the Kilbourne Nature Trail
• Launch your kayak or canoe
• Picnic beneath centuries-old Live Oaks
• Learn about flora, fauna and Florida’s watershed and waterfront
• Tour a restored 1930’s waterfront home
• See historic Florida cracker cottages
• Compete on the Bocce Court or play chess and checkers at outdoor game tables
This is just one of many properties protected by Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast. Help us save more of Florida's natural and culturally significant landscapes by joining our organization today.
Bay Preserve at Osprey is located at:
400 Palmetto Avenue, Osprey, FL 34229
From US 41 (Tamiami Trail)
Turn West onto Oak Street. Turn right on Palmetto Avenue and follow it to Bay Preserve.
Hours of Operation:
Bay Preserve is open to the public from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Burrows-Matson House is open Monday-Friday 9:00a.m. - 5:00p.m. and by appointment
Periodically, the Preserve grounds are busy with educational programs or closed for special events.
"protecting our bays, beaches and barrier islands"
News & Events
Join Conservation Foundation of the Gulf Coast on Tuesday, May 7th at 10:00 to 11:30am and enter the fascinating world of bird rookeries.
Black & White Photography by Clyde Butcher